IGNITING CAREER DISCOVERY
In 2005, the Adams County Commissioners’ Career Expo became the first youth career expo of its size along the Front Range. It has since been replicated by Denver Public Schools and Douglas County.
Regional and local partners recognize this event as a pivotal introduction for 8th graders to professionals representing career options in most of Colorado’s Industry Career Clusters.
- CREDIBILITY: Of the Front Range expos, business professionals acknowledge Adams County students for their preparation and good behavior.
- PREPARATION: Educators have been trained to prepare students with tools students need at the event such as: interviewing skills, handshaking, making positive first impressions, and exploring careers of interest.
- Students are required to speak with at least 3 business professionals and at least one higher education representative
- Students use business cards to help them network with employers
- Employers recognize the top 10% of students. At the end of the event, ACEC recognizes the students who were recognized by employers as being the most professional, thoughtful, and prepared. The highest rated is presented with an award at the Adams County Commissioners' Public Hearing.