ACEC: HELPING EDUCATORS PREPARE STUDENTS
Across the county, ACEC is helping students raise their aspirations and levels of achievement. ACEC provides opportunities for educators to collaborate, interact with the larger community, and receive the full support they need to promote student success. Educators like the approach because of the creativity it allows them and the real-world linkages it promotes.
Many of the instructors we work with closely do not realize that our programs are meant to support educators, too, not just students and businesses. ACEC understands that educators are juggling it all. While we don’t write the standards for you, the programs ACEC provides do connect to educator objectives while helping students satisfy Graduation Guidelines and demonstrate ICAP proficiencies.
ACEC PROGRAMS ARE IMPACTFUL BECAUSE OF THE COLLABORATION BETWEEN EDUCATORS AND INDUSTRY.
SEE HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN A LARGER ROLE
EXPAND THE BOXES BELOW TO SEE HOW TO SEE HOW ACEC CAN WORK WITH YOU TO PREPARE HS GRADUATES FOR "WHAT'S NEXT"
- E9to5 DAY TOURS: ACEC arranges on-site tours and experiences with industry professionals who connect your curriculum to an on-site, real-world application.
- Guest Speakers: ACEC's network of businesses are eager to integrate their profession with your classroom and help your students connect learning to real-life
- Project Based Learning: ACEC is a resource to help you connect with industry experts and professionals who have problems and projects for students to solve.
See an example of a recent PBL between Northglenn HS and ACEC
- Connect with a professional in Modern Manufacturing and learn more about career opportunities for your students. ACEC convenes a group of manufacturers who are working in several Adams County districts and want to integrate curriculum and experiences for students and instructors. Manufacturing is a growing industry in Colorado and has ample career pathways opportunities.
- Attend ACEC Open Meetings: Get involved with the issues that are impacting schools, workforce and the world inside and outside of education. ACEC Open Monthly Meetings convene community partners and educators to inform you on topics such as: School Funding, Financial Resources for Students, STEM Opportunities, Workforce Initiatives, Industry Job Trends & Forecasting, Empowerment/Leadership, and other areas of collective interest.
When: Occurs the third Wed. of every month from 7:30am-9am
- Help students meet their PSWR & 21st Century Skills requirements: ACEC programs count towards volunteer hours, service learning, and satisfy requirements for job shadows, capstones, and other Graduation Guidelines. Get involved and learn more.
- Sign up for ACEC's emails and updates. Make sure you stay in touch with the latest developments.
- Contact ACEC