Adams County Commissioners’ 8th Grade Career Expo 2022
November 10, 2022
8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
National Western Complex
*Exhibitor Registration Deadline is October 31, 2022
5,000-6,000 8th graders from 8 school districts in Adams County will participate. Students will arrive in 3-4 60-minute waves throughout the day. Students will be able to move around from exhibitor to exhibitor in an Open House style, visiting booths and speaking to representatives. The event provides an engaging environment for companies/higher education intuitions to shape students’ career choices and position them for opportunity.
EXPAND THE BOXES ABOVE TO LEARN HOW TO BE INVOLVED IN CAREER DISCOVERY!IGNITING CAREER DISCOVERY
In 2005, the Adams County Commissioners’ Career Expo became the first youth career expo of its size along the Front Range. It has since been replicated by Denver Public Schools and Douglas County.
Regional and local partners recognize this event as a pivotal introduction for 8th graders to professionals representing career options in most of Colorado’s Industry Career Clusters.
- CREDIBILITY: Of the Front Range expos, business professionals acknowledge Adams County students for their preparation and good behavior.
- PREPARATION: Educators have been trained to prepare students with tools students need at the event such as: interviewing skills, handshaking, making positive first impressions, and exploring careers of interest.
- Students are required to speak with at least 3 business professionals and at least one higher education representative
- Students use business cards to help them network with employers
- Employers recognize the top 10% of students. At the end of the event, ACEC recognizes the students who were recognized by employers as being the most professional, thoughtful, and prepared. The highest rated is presented with an award at the Adams County Commissioners' Public Hearing.